Wednesday, December 5, 2012

too hot


...It's been a while since i've made an image about those picky little eaters, no?  I have often thought this series would be lovely as a large collection, so here is number four.  I have had fun playing around with creating a linen effect in textile patterns, and thought it might add a nice touch here.

...any suggestions for others? in my house I often here too mushy, cold, lumpy, hot, slimy, etc. (you get the idea...as I type this list I realize it could go on and on and on......)

4 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

While Annabelle isn't autistic, she has had some related issues--one of them is that she must eat meals at times she considers "meal times." Even if she's not hungry, if noon rolls around and we're not eating lunch, she's very anxious. I can imagine an image related to this--clock, pointing, stress, empty table? :-) (Also, if we have a certain food at a time she thinks you're not supposed to eat that food, she's distressed. I've very often heard her say to, say, a hummus plate, "THIS is't dinner.")

mummysam said...

aha! great idea (and for us, it is a spectrum issue...that's why we had to move Thanksgiving from 2pm to 5pm, and I made the mistake of making pancakes for dinner the other night. It was made quite clear that pancakes are for breakfast only :) )

Vesna said...

In my house: 'mom, 7 minutes' (in reference to me asking them to pause playing and come eat). Or: 'it's not cold, the sun is out' (in reference to me asking my daughter to put a long sleeve shirt and pants, and she insist on short sleeves and a skirt. She is 4).

Anonymous said...

My son eats a pb&j every day AFTER school for lunch because he won't eat lunch food anywhere but home. I can't make the pb&j early for him because it's "too dry" if I do. The pb&j must be absolutely fresh when eaten. :)