Wednesday, April 25, 2012

brownies to die for...



whew! I am back from a whirlwind trip to NYC, and thought nothing would be better than to whip up a batch of yummy brownies. (after completely crashing hard the next day...)  I did not plan my trip well at all in terms of researching ahead of time where I could eat good gluten free vegetarian food, and found myself starving on the train home with a pathetic bag of nuts in my hand. (Yeah, I just assumed that because it was the city, I would have no problems at all.  Sure, we eventually found some food, but we walked around in areas that didn't have too much to offer.  Of course I found out all of the places I could have gone to once I came home...)

anyway, these were made the following day from this recipe, and I think we managed to lick the plate clean just seconds later. These Gluten/Dairy/Soy free treats  taste better than the "real" thing...

(P.S. Tune in Thursday at 10am EST on the Hallmark Channel for Martha Stewart's show about Etsy.
I was invited to be in the audience...look for the pasty-skinned Olive Oyl look-a-like :)  Thank you so much Etsy for extending the invitation. What a great way to spend the day in the city! )


2 comments:

summerinthemorning said...

The food situation can be quite deceiving in nyc - so many restaurants, but very very few serve a decent selection of healthy vegetarian fare. super vegan is a good place to look these places up before you visit next time - http://supervegan.com/restaurants.php

The brownie recipe looks delicious - never tried not using flour for baking but now i'm inspired to do so!

mummysam said...

oh perfect! glad to know, and will definitely use next time we go. And the brownies are too too good!

(just checked out your shop..everything looks delicious and saw you were at the taping as well!)