Wednesday, February 29, 2012

painting jitters....



..as I get ready and prep the canvas for this " I'm awesome" oil painting, I find myself having
insane jitters.


..dusting off the boxes of oil painting supplies, I realized just how long it has been since I sat down and did an oil painting. For 8 years, my life consisted of 70 hours a week devoted to painting. And then the kids came, causing my painting career to take a sudden backseat to days spent chasing two little ones around the house all day. Ten years later, I find myself nervous as he** as I ready the canvas for this new piece.

...wish me luck!

5 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

good luck and happy painting!!!

Wendi said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see it!

Cary Walker said...

how exciting:) good luck!

mummysam said...

thank you all! I tried a bit, then got nervous...having a cup of tea, and will then take a deep breath and return :) (unless I am out playing in the falling snow that has been non-existent in New York)

Anonymous said...

Followed you here from Spoonflower (I was the one who mentioned putting windows on the car last week). I would love to see the outcome of your paintng! I am a mom of three young kids who love oil painting and it freaks me out everytime I pull out paints because the little people give me no mental space and there is precious little time (and motivation). Good luck!