Friday, December 9, 2011

how to gross your friends out...




..a little printout I made to make eating fun. It's quite interesting, as both my boys
love sardines....perhaps it's because they enjoy watching me squirm as I spread the fish on the toast? (I absolutely hate sardines. The smell is enough to make my stomach question it's own stability)

..I find it even more interesting that my child on the spectrum will eat these. He abhors most fruit, vegetables, anything with a mush, all meat, etc....you get the picture. With such a limited palette, I am just currently thankful that he will consume these. (It's also what he chose to eat in lieu of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner). So, the more "grossed out" my preparation performance is, the better my chances of them eating even more.

...perhaps I have recruited some new sardine lovers?

*** note: I wrote this for a child with a gluten and dairy free diet. Simply substitute with your normal foods, and print out this image for some sardine eating fun!

2 comments:

Cary Walker said...

i have to admit i love sardines... even though they kind of gross me out. they taste so good. i like them on crackers:)

mummysam said...

Hi Cary!
oh I wish I could like those....I can't get past the gag reflex when I open the tin....