Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Images of Boston...(and a few glimpses of me...)



...As two boys lie asleep with their jammies inside out and full of superstitious hopes that this way of going to bed will undoubtedly bring about the snow day they have been wanting, I thought it fitting to share with you some images of my trip.



..I may not be full of many words in this post, which can happen when you decide to start writing near 11 p.m., but what I can show you are the wonderful images that can come about when you have a wonderful photographer by your side...



...Thea and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at Montserrat College of Art, and the opening gave us a chance to fully engage in some wonderful conversations with the faculty, staff and visitors at the event.



...A moment to step away and sign a young girl's cast was a highlight of the night...so much so, that I had quite a bit of "stage fright" as they handed me that permanent marker. I ended up drawing a man with a mustache, because you just can't go wrong drawing a mustache, right?





..The intentions were all there to fill this post with details, but as I have stated before, starting this post at 11pm probably wasn't the best idea. I was just too anxious to share some of these lovely photographs with you, and hope that you don't the lack of written detail.

..Thank you so much Montserrat for inviting me to do this show for you, and for putting together a wonderful night. And my dear Thea....you do realize that you are now coming with me to ever event from now on? (and it's not just for your photography skills....the chats in the car alone were all I needed!)

9 comments:

Amber Dusick said...

It all looks amazing, congrats on the show & you look lovely! Those photos are stunning.

Patrice A. said...

Looks great!
All of it, the show and you.

meisje van vervlogen dagen said...

Congratulations on your show. I also saw wonderful pictures on your photographer friend's site. This gave me a boost to do some stitching myself again! Thanks!

Georgina said...

Congrats on your show and when you have little ones, 11 pm is about the only time you can write...my daughter has 4 boys and she waits till 10-11ish to start writing her blog. When I was a young mother, the only time I could iron was around that time!! oey vey!!

Again, congrats on your show...what an honour.

mummysam said...

thank you so much everyone! and thanks to Thea as well for making me look so "hip" for a change :)

Marisa and Creative Thursday said...

Congrats!!! Looks like a beautiful show. Love the photos of you and you are so right about Thea! She is such a wonderful person to have a great conversation and visit with. happy 2011 to you!!

Melissa Crowe said...

You are a beauty, my dear.

Leila said...

It looks like a lovely show!

queenopearls said...

Wonderful. I have to say I absolutely ADORE the last photo in this post ... of you with your head on your hand.
A STUNNING photo!
~Christina