Wednesday, January 12, 2011

did I mention Ms. Peri Menopause?



photo courtesy of Thea Coughlin

... Yes. I do believe I mentioned my lovely photographer friend Thea in my musings about Boston, but did I fail to mention my third companion? The one that decided to start visiting me at 35 and manages to find herself (still) accompanying me without my permission? I do believe her name is Ms. Peri Menopause, and Thea managed to snap an image of her the morning after our show.

... Well, in case you haven't been blessed with her presence before, this is what she looks like. She makes you hot enough to suddenly throw every sheet off, where you swear you were just thrown into a sauna against your will. And just as you think it couldn't get any hotter, you reach over the bed desperate to grab some knee high socks because the sauna has since been replaced with the polar plunge. After a night of repeating this fun ritual many times over, the aftermath of Ms. Peri's visit was documented above. Perfect timing to pay a visit, don't you think?

... and to think that I only have about 5-10 more years of these surprise visits until the real Ms. Menopause makes an entrance...I guess I better go out and get some more socks. (and plenty of towels)

9 comments:

denise said...

I really am digging the photo! it's great, even if it was at your expense....love the leg and knee sock thing, the black and white, the ironing board...very cool.

Christine E-E said...

ohhhh... I remember those days! thank goodness, I'm past that! not rubbing it in or anything!
tank tops & boxers & sweat socks... my favs!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture!! So funny my mother said I have been having the hot flashes since I was ten. My daughter Abigail(10) is allways saying I am soooo hot:) No fun.So why do we have to go tru Peri Menopauce is it a trial before the real thing??? elma

tangled sky studio said...

this photo is just fabulous...it looks like an ad : )
being a woman definitely has it's challenges (and lots of good stuff too).

b

blue china studio said...

Such a great post and photo! I hear you sister, I hear you!

Melissa Crowe said...

Um, is it totally wrong to say Peri's looking a little bit sexy there? :-)

mummysam said...

thanks for all of the comments my dears....and Melissa. This is about as sexy as she gets (thanks to the magic of Thea). Normally the image would be accompanied with drenched towels piled on the floor and socks that I stole from my husband's drawer.

Cara Carmina said...

:) love the photo!!!!!!!!

Raggy Rat said...

hehe, i start the night with socks and an extra blanket, then the morning find scattered socks and the blacket in a fallen pile ... this year i am 40, i love this picture! xxx