Wednesday, December 22, 2010

happy holidays from a cheeky little monkey...



...with a five year old having a tough time "behaving" lately, this mum was driven to the need of making a serious warning. If the behavior did not change, then mummy was required by the elves to send in a report. That moment came sooner than mum expected, and the result was a very upset little boy who thought mummy was the one in need of the warning.

...after hiding under the dining room table and doing something very "cheeky" looking, little m approached dad with the sealed envelope.

little m: "dad, could you please put this in the mailbox?"

dad: "is it a nice letter?"

little m: "yep"

dad:" is it about mum?"

little m : "nope...and you don't need to open it. It's closed. Just put in the mailbox, okay? "



...so in the mailbox it was placed, and mum sent little m to school. Upon returning, mum and dad carefully opened the super-sealed shut letter.



... he clearly was not happy with mum that morning, and it wasn't too long before the guilt got the best of him and a confession was made on the way home from school ( "mom, I wrote a really really bad word today")

...dad and mum had a good chuckle in the morning, and little m felt better after finding out the elves were proud of him for being honest.

... and there you have it. Our cheeky little way of leaving you all for a moment as we celebrate the holidays. See you next week!

14 comments:

BaileyGirl5 said...

This is too funny! Good thing the Elves didn't get it or you'd be in trouble this year :)

Cary Walker said...

ha ha!

my five year old has been absolutely rotten lately... santa warnings do not seem to deter her in the least!

Melissa Crowe said...

Aren't you proud that he spelled "butt" right? :-)

mummysam said...

yes...but (no pun intended) sad that he has now changed the "u" in mum to "o". I knew it wouldn't last long since moving here!

and Cary...good to know their are other "challenged" 5 year olds out there! I think we have gone into sudden overdrive with him....I am definitely ready for his bedtime (o.k. more like ready well before then) when it comes :)

mummysam said...

bailey....that's what my son said :)

Amber (Woodmouse) said...

That is one for the scrapbook for sure. So funny!

monica lee said...

This is too too funny...I wish I could tell Santa and his elves on dogs...my 13 year is a good boy but the new dog pooped in my car! Just when you think you have it all under control....

Carrie said...

Hilarious! Definitely one to keep and bring out when he brings his first girlfiend home! Have a great Christmas.

inaluxe said...

totally hilarious! thanks for sharing this....
hope you all have a lovely and festive holidays... and plenty of laughs. :)

erin said...

hahahaha oh my goodness...

Cara Carmina said...

Oh my that´s so funny!!!!! kids are so amazing!!!! well... came to wish you Happy Holidays my friend!!!! and a great 2011... with more love a success!!!!!

Little Green Doll said...

I hope you're having wonderful holidays! I wish you a Happy New Year 2011!! Hugs, Silvia

OnePerfectDay said...

That was soo funny- I was laughing out loud! They really are funny- especially at that age.
I just came across your blog. I've been seeing your book around the internet lately and it's on the top of my list. It looks just wonderful!
I'll definately be following this blog.
Happy 2011!

mummysam said...

so glad I was able to bring some humour to all of you! thanks for all the great responses!!!