Monday, November 15, 2010

working with what you've got....



..Like my approach to re-doing the dining room, I also find it fun to "work with what I've got" when it comes to textile design. It can be good to set limitations, and the challenge that comes with working this way can be a great asset for enhancing creativity. To be able to pull from one's own library of resources to create something new, is an activity that I find necessary to grow as a designer.



..It can be down-right hair pulling at times, but when it works....it works. It's good to change things up a bit, just like a freshly painted room or new arrangement of furniture can liven ones senses again. Images and ideas were pulled from different sewn images and earlier textile designs, and in the process new techniques and ideas for future projects were discovered.

..anyone up for something a little different?

2 comments:

Leila said...

I love it! I'm so behind on "collecting" your fabrics that I fear I'll never be able to buy all of the ones I want. I guess I need to learn to work with what I have too!

mummysam said...

thanks Leila!...and I am sure anything you come up with will look just perfect :)