Tuesday, November 30, 2010

tattletale



:: my youngest son came in to the kitchen the other day with that face....



...that face that clearly lets me know he is about to tattle on his big brother.

mum: "if you are about to tattle on your brother, I do not want to hear it right now. You need to go back and figure this one out yourselves"

little m: "mum...I am not going to tattle!", said with a very clear look of disapointment that I would even suggest it.



mum: "I'm sorry. Please tell me what you would like to talk to me about"

little m: "mummy...big A is tattling." (said with the whine of a century)

a tattle on a tattle. That's what I worked on today....


** now available in my shop! **

10 comments:

blue china studio said...

Too cute! And just love your "tattling" piece here. You always capture boys so well. (Capture meant in a purely figurative way of course!)

Klay said...

WOW - I LOVE this!

Amber said...

I love this! You capture the essence of "boyhood" better than anyone I've seen.

gasilhane said...

This is loveeely!

mummysam said...

thank you all! Unfortunately the lighting was poor...hope to get a better color representation tomorrow!
and boys.....yes boys...a world I am still new to, being that I grew up with one sister :)

erin said...

hahaha oh i love it..
i love even more that you're capturing these very real moments, in a beautiful piece of art.

i hope that you type up a small diary entry of the events and put on the backside of this painting.

mummysam said...

erin...oooh! good idea!

erin said...

one thing i love about your work is that it seems like you're not afraid. like you aren't being too careful, like you're playing in textiles and mediums, experimenting- and always ending with a beautiful result- that is so unique, but so classically yours.

Leila said...

Ha! That's a great one.

gretchenmist said...

this really made my day yesterday :)
i'm always surprised by the nature of my boys too ~ also grew up with one sister. they are more similar to us than i ever expected!
happy friday xx