Monday, November 1, 2010

a sewing opportunity for you out there......

...I finally came to the realization that I need some help. I receive quite a few e-mails asking to see my Spoonflower fabric "in action", and although my intentions of making examples are nothing short of great, I have to admit defeat. (Besides, there is no way I would make anything nearly as lovely as this clutch bag from Jennifer Ladd!)

..I would love to include not only a sample project in my etsy listing for each particular pattern, but also a link to your own shop if you should have one. Full credit would be given, and hopefully this would be a great opportunity to send some more exposure your way...

...what do you think?


**Update! I have already received a lot of e-mails with some questions regarding this post.
The deadline is open, which should give enough time for those far away who do not yet have any mummysam fabric to purchase some and create a project. I will wait until I receive an image that I think best represents the fabric. If I receive a lot of submissions for one particular fabric, I will post an image on that etsy listing on a rotational basis. ***

12 comments:

Noga said...

Hi Sam!
I would love to make someting using your beutiful designs.. However there is a problem of due date, because I live in Israel..
You are invited to email me..
Be well!

the messy nest said...

I LOVE the idea :)
Have some of your fabric now that will be making it into a quilt this week.

JACQ said...

I would LOVE making anything out of your fabric. As with noga, i am halfway around the world in Singapore, but would be happy to pay for international shipping :)
j
my shop - www.fortherecord.etsy.com

Adriana said...

I'd love to help too. Are you looking for anything in particular? Any fabric you need more items made of? Please email me and let me know. Thanks!

mummysam said...

Oh so good to hear you are in on this project! There is plenty of time to make something and send me an image to my e-mail account....no worries for all of those living far away. I am going to keep the deadline open until I receive an image I think would best represent the particular fabric, and if many images come in for one type of fabric, I will most likely do a rotation. (show one project for a few months, then switch to another...) so, there really is no deadline...just sew away and send me what you have when you can?
(how's that for a complicated explanation?)

mummysam said...

good question Adriana,
the project ideas are wide open at the moment....but bags, pillows, clothing, etc seem to be popular. But really, anything goes....surprise me!
as far as fabric, the only one "taken" so far is the portraits....

Noga said...

Sounds graet!
I already went to view your fabrics at your shop, I love them all! But I really in love with the family portraits!
I have so many ideas of what I can do with it...
What is your idea of how to start?

vesna said...

nice!I'll try something to :)

Leila said...

What a great idea! I only have 1 mummysam project / fabric but if you want to use it, you are MORE than welcome! (Do you still have the photos for it? I can send them again, if not)

mummysam said...

Oh Leila, did I receive those?
(is so, please forgive me!!) if you don't mind resending them, that would be great :)

blissful chick said...

wow this is adorable! i really wish i could sew... or craft...

Jacqueline said...

Dear Sam, this sounds wonderful!! I am really LOVING your holiday season fabrics and can't wait to purchase them and make something cute of it. :) Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!