Tuesday, October 5, 2010

it told me off, but I kept going.....



The time: 9am, Monday morning
The place: the crime began in the kitchen, and then made it's way to the family room
The crime: I ate the last cider doughnut from the apple orchard.....the last one that was being saved for my eldest son.

The Reenactment:
7am: big A speaks: "mum, can you please save that last one for me?"
mum: "of course..it will be there when you get back from school."

9am: Mum could no longer stand looking at that morsel of utter goodness when passing through the kitchen. She stood for a moment and pondered the situation. "Well," she thought..."It does look like it might be getting a bit stale. And who would want to ruin their cider doughnut memories with a tainted doughnut?" She knew it was wrong, but her jaws stood there aching to just have a bite. She was starting to drool......

930 am: a satiated mum looked down at what she had done. Sure, the doughnut was even better than she thought, but looking at the last remains brought about the guilt. She couldn't bare to eat that last bite, and so it was left there.....where it remained until the afternoon.

2pm: With one final walk past the plate, she stopped in her tracks and looked down. It was definitely stale now, so eating this last little bit would be guilt free. Within seconds the evidence was gone, the plate was washed, and she was at the bus stop waiting for her son's return.

3pm: Big A states, "where's the doughnut? I thought you were saving it for me!"
mum's horrible reply "Oh, it went stale..I had to throw it out. We'll get some more the next time we visit the orchard. I promise."


oh what a naughty mummy I was, and when I looked at this picture I was convinced this food was talking to me (well, more like telling me off). At least it tasted good, right?

9 comments:

Jenny Stevning said...

Hahahahahaha! I love your honesty! I have done that many times, too.

vivienne strauss said...

You are hilarious!

Jenny said...

So hilarious. I always tell my husband I have to run and hide if I want to have a snack or a sweet. I'm in the kitchen eating furiously or hiding a snack in my hand and sneaking to my room. What mom's will do for a little bit of enjoyment. Love your story!

Leila said...

Bwah ha ha ha!!!

mummysam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mummysam said...

thanks me ladies.....and Jenny, I know what you mean. Unfortunately I have a younger son with an insane ability to smell trace amounts of chocolate from a room away..he has caught me in the act many a time :)

Cary Walker said...

ha:) my son discovered my secret stash of chocolate. first, he would ask if he could have some and i would (guiltily) say "no sugar today" just so i could hog it. then, he just stared helping himself and i found bites missing. now i try to buy only dark chocolate cuz he doesn't like it! bad mommy!

the worst though was last halloween when i took their candy away because they were being crazy about it, and then secretly saved it to eat myself! oh, very bad mommy!

mummysam said...

oh cary...we are one in the same!
every time they get a stash of candy, it "quietly" gets put away in the cabinet in hopes that they will soon just forget about it (which, thankfully they still do...we shall see what this Halloween brings though...they may get keen on noticing that the good chocolates somehow disappear....)

helicopter6 said...

A hilarious tale that many can relate to I'm sure. Sometimes dirty deeds just need to be done!