Saturday, October 2, 2010

The balance (and imbalance) of motherhood.....


(remember this photo?)

...I may not be locked up in the bathroom eating ice cream this time, but I am still escaping.
With two boys clearly exhausted from a week of school and deciding that Saturday morning was the perfect time to test out waking up at an ungodly hour, I am taking a "break" from the resulting emotional drama as I hide out in my little studio. A coffee at hand, I am laughing as I type this post with the sounds of "brotherly love" in the background. What better timing than now to send you over to the lovely Leilaloo, where I discuss the balancing act of simultaneously being an artist and mum?

...So, if there are any other "escapees" out there, please pop over and say hello!

3 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

I was going to wait and say this in my review of your book (which I plan to do asap on my blog), but I think you should know now: your book came to my house today, and this evening I escaped with it to my bathtub, where I read it cover to cover like a novel. I've NEVER done that with a craft book. Then I leapt from the tub and immediately went to my machine (okay, after trying off and putting on jammies) to try and figure out how to lower the feed dogs. It's my goal to make all the projects in the book as Christmas ornaments for my tree this year. In other words I LOVE YOUR BOOK.

mummysam said...

*gasp*
you, my dear, are so so wonderful....and I must admit the nerves were around a bit as I waited for your reaction. I am so glad you like it, and your compliments have put me over the moon!!!!
(make sure to put the batch of scones next to the fireplace for Santa...it's a family recipe, and just too good!!)

Patrice A. said...

Your book came yesterday and I love it! As Melissa Crowe, I have been reading it cover to cover.
Besides that I read the article at Leilaloo; as if it was me....

P.S. I did! I also wrote in English.