Monday, September 13, 2010

upcoming "book tour".....



...as the nerves begin to stir in the belly with the near release of my book (eek!), I thought it fitting to invite you on a little "tour" I will doing to promote this little labour of love.
Albeit a short and quick little expedition, it will be an intense one....one that I hope will allow me to get a chance to connect with many of my readers (and possibly gain some new ones as well!)

..September 24th: (Friday)

1. Look for me on Martha Stewart's web-site! I will be doing a guest tutorial on a cute little bag and piece from my book for their craft department, and I would love for you to visit...

2. ETSY LABS Craft Night (in conjunction with Dumbo Art Festival)
I am so thrilled to be taking a little trip down to Brooklyn to introduce a project from book, and would love to see you there. The event runs from 4-8, and will be a great opportunity to "... to make things, sharpen your craft skills, meet new friends, and hang out." There is no need to worry about missing a demo, as this will be a come and go as you please type of event. Come anytime!

*** I am also going to be selling some books at the event, and this would be a wonderful chance to obtain a copy before they become available in most stores and on-line! ***

October 2nd (Saturday) 11:30 - 1:00pm

1. Craftland School of Craft Lecture Series:
Love and Art/ Balancing a Growing Family and Creative Time
time

Please join me at the Craftland shop in Providence Rhode Island for a group discussion on how to balance your life as a parent and artist. I will be talking about my history as a painter and how I expanded my career since returning to the art world as a fiber artist. "...Group discussion will include sharing tips and strategies for staying both inspired and attentive. Tea and cucumber sandwiches will be served!"

If you are interested, stop by Craftland to register...

*** Even if you cannot attend the lecture, I encourage you to stop by after, as I will be selling copies of my book and fabric!*****

October 16th (Saturday)

1. Renegade Handmade in Chicago

This is going to be such a fun event, as I will be hosting a workshop that evening where students can work on a project from my book. There will be giveaways (yay!), so please save the date until I have more details to share...(You can follow Renegade's blog for more information...)

** again, I will be sticking around for a bit after the workshop to sell/sign copies of the book! ***

whew. It may be a quick whirlwind of a "tour", but it is going to be packed with so much excitement.....hope to see you there!


9 comments:

Leila said...

I hope I can get out to the Brooklyn event! Sounds like a lot of fun. Will you be at any of the NYC craft fairs this winter? Or do you know yet?

mummysam said...

no....with the little ones in school, this is about as much as I can muster!
hope to see you there :)

Jenny said...

I love your work, I wish I could attend one of the events. Congrats!

tangled sky studio said...

see you in the windy city woman!

Klay said...

I want to go to all those events, sounds great! So wish you could make it to the west coast - maybe someday.

Patrice A. said...

I wish I could be there and meet you. But it is just a bit too far from the Netherlands....
Have a good time!

Annie said...

That is so exciting!!! I think you'll have tons of fun on these events! We'll be there to whatever we can fit in the schedule! Hugs!

mummysam said...

thanks everyone! and for any of you that do manage to "pop by", please introduce yourself...I am so looking forward to meeting you all!

Laurie Wisbrun | Scarlet Fig said...

I wish I could be there and attend all of the events! So excited for you!