Tuesday, September 7, 2010

a bag fitting for the first day....



...with big A safely on the bus and on his way to 2nd grade (and not without a few watery eyes on my end mind you....), it was time to get the little one ready for his last year at Montessori.
And being that it is his final year (oh, the weepful soul I have become!), I thought it fitting to send him off with a bag much more his "style". It really was a fun project that was easy to make, but also an opportunity to put in a little fun fabric of my own. The face fabric was perfect for it's function as a pocket to include notes for the teacher, and as little M discovered, perfect for much "better" things as well :)

...just please don't notice that I put the handles on the wrong way...can I pull it off if I say it was "intentional" ?

..P.S. Don't forget to send me your images for our upcoming "Showcase Sunday"! (see post below)

4 comments:

Chantal said...

Love the fabrics you have used here... and the handles look intentionally funky - I like them that way : )

tangled sky studio said...

less girly too : )

cheers!

Amber said...

Cute and looks intentional!

mummysam said...

thank you my dears :)
(and they turned out to work better...one of those mistakes that were meant to happen...)