Wednesday, August 25, 2010

of course I would do this now because........



...of course I would do this when I really shouldn't be doing this at all. but I did.

..let's see. Book about to come out? yes. No time to work due to a couple of very busy little monkeys bouncing about the house all summer? oh yes. Panicking because deadlines are suddenly knocking at my door and I have so much yet to accomplish? check. Guests coming over the next day for dinner and I still have to make the house "look" like it always looks that way and figure out what to make? yep. Feeling like the sudden need to repaint the living room for the fourth time far outweighs any of the former statements? yes. yes. yes.

....and I did it. (with raised eyebrow stares and head shakes from the husband included)
Besides, I had to do something to welcome my new print from Inaluxe....


...oh, and of course I really must change those frames on my lovely prints from Le Train Fantome. I'm thinking antique gold? Come to think about it, the pillows don't quite work now, and the ottoman needs recovering, and............

5 comments:

Jandi said...

It looks lovely but I hope you manage to get your other stuff done...or at least get a bit of rest! haha!

blue china studio said...

I have a tendency to do things as you do. I pick the thing I really don't need to do from the long list of more urgent things. But you know, it always energizes me and that goes a long way.

Love your inaluxe print. I have their fox postcards and adore them.

gretchenmist said...

of course! sometimes the more impossible it sounds the more it just has to be done!
it's sounding pretty busy, but also fun :)

malu said...

Love your blog!
With compliments from a new fan.
Malu in Norway

mummysam said...

so good to know there are others out there :) (yes. I did this even thought the other room still needed moulding to be put back when I painted that room...I am the queen of 98% done before I see something "shiny" and move on to the next project!)
and gretchen...just realized I never e-mailed back! so sorry...will talk soon :)

welcome Malu!