Tuesday, August 3, 2010

....it's called kids....



...it's called kids.
...it's called summer vacation.
...it's called very few moments of mum time to really get anything going.

..so please.
..please excuse my ever so absent postings as I focus this time on enjoying (for the most part...I am being realistic....) the freedom of hanging out with my boys.
..please know that come September I will be back in full force and ready to go.

...and in the meantime...
...in the meantime allow me to share some beginning rough sketches of some upcoming fabric designs. I am thinking a no-sew alphabet quilt design is in order?

..so there you have it.
..so now you know. I'll see you soon.......

6 comments:

blue china studio said...

And of course that is the way it should be! Can't wait to see what you have going come September. Your alphabet pattern looks good so far!

Have a good rest of the summer.

Amber said...

That is what summers are for. My son starts preschool three half days a week in September also. Course I still have my 10 month old at home, but I'm trying to remember that these years are short. Don't have to be productive. Just be happy. And there is no such thing as balance, don't buy into that.

mummysam said...

thank you both....
and Amber..oh how fast it does go. It seems like yesterday that we made the big haul from Alberta to New York with our 11 month old and 3 year old. Now I have one going into second grade, and the "baby" going to Kindergarten!!! I know these "mummy I want to be with you and play" summers are going to end sooner than I'd like, and my work will have it's time very soon. For now I just need to enjoy these cheeky monkeys as much as possible :)

Jennifer said...

Enjoy your summer, enjoy your boys, enjoy life! We'll see you back here when the time is right :)

Kena said...

Nice draw ! enjoy your time and your boys...

Leila said...

Enjoy your vacation. I can't wait to see the quilt you're cooking up!