Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I almost had a heart attack with this one....



...a couple of weeks ago, we went to our eldest son's favourite hangout to celebrate turning seven.
I almost had a heart attack when I saw what was about to adorn our table. As the two waiters carefully carried this birthday surprise, with a very disproportionate miniature candle sitting precariously on top, his eyes opened larger than I had ever seen before.

....He was beyond thrilled. I was beyond mortified at the thought of eating this entire thing in one sitting. Thankfully a few good bites were all that was needed to satiate his soul, and we were all ready to continue celebrating.....

.... sticky fingers and all.

6 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

it looks like one of your pieces with the pale blue and mustard!

xo-
beth

pammalu said...

good heavens!
did you say there was a candle on top of that?!
I would like to see that for myself!!

Amber said...

No way, you didn't eat the whole thing? I would have. I did in fact eat an entire bag of cotton candy just last week. It was the first time in years and my son tried it for the first time. It was at a circus though so it was sort of required.

mummysam said...

beth....maybe that's why I took 20 photos of the monstrous thing?
pammalu....yes. I think it sunk at some point into the depths of the fluff...into the unknown....

and amber...I would like to think I had the ability to do so, but seriously, this thing was huge!!! They gave us cotton candy bags to pack it up and I stuffed one, only to see that I had probably only touched about an eighth of the thing.

Thea said...

LOL I can so see his eyes in my minds eye. hee hee

Cara Carmina said...

wooooow I can imagine his face.... I still have a smile on mine... I wish one of those for my bday!!! :)