Friday, June 4, 2010

yes. it's 11:30am and I have eaten an entire bar of chocolate


On this rainy day....
Henry cannot wait to come home and listen to the pitter patter while sipping on a cup of tea,
Madge is saddened that her surprise picnic she had planned for Henry was not going to be....


Yes. It is 11:30 a.m, and I have just managed to devour an entire bar of dark chocolate with fruit and nuts, and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it. I was going to wait until tonight to indulge in this little feast, but since I just finished a week long struggle with this dear little pattern of mine, I figured now is the perfect time. (alright, so maybe my stomach doesn't quite agree with my decision at the moment, but my mind is quite happy)



The geometric pattern started off simple enough, until I "had to" add some lamp posts in there.....Five angst ridden days later, with complete amazement that there is still hair on this head of mine, it all came together. Most of the work was spent on trying to get the repeat to work right, and after a few very well thought out "let's see what this button will do" attempts, it finally worked!

Well, I best be off now to wash down all this chocolate with a good cup of tea of my own. Besides, there's some sketchy looking rain clouds out there, and who wouldn't want to listen to some good pitter patter rain drops with a nice cup of tea in one's hand?

11 comments:

Klay said...

With all this practice, I think that your going to be quite good at pattern making before you know it. With ends results already looking great, it seems that you already are.

Jennifer said...

I am of the philosophy that chocolate, especially dark chocolate, is appropriate eating any hour of the day or night. Besides, with the fruit and nuts it's even better for you!
(PS: I love this pattern, and all your work. You're inspiring me to start experimenting again with my own sad little simple designs in Illustrator. But hey, everyone's got to start somewhere, right?)
(PPS: my word verification is "dissin", but I'm not dissin' you ;)

blue china studio said...

Another fabulous pattern! And love the story behind it. Yes, a cup of tea on a rainy day, nothing better.

mummysam said...

thank you everyone for you great encouragement :)
and Jennifer...the fruits and nuts justify having "just one more" square, everytime I pop another one into my mouth :)

Lyn Newhouse said...

I love dark chocolate, more with fruits. And I love tea too... I think it's a perfect combination :) Great fabric!!

blue china studio said...

I know you said that you are using Photoshop. Is it Elements in particular or the other more commercial program they offer?

Thanks!

Jacilyn

Amber said...

Poor Madge and her picnic. I want dark chocolate! Oh & love the pattern...the lamp posts are my favorite element so it was well worth the hair loss.

Lenae May said...

I really must know where to purchase the adorable tape below!!
Lenae

Jenny Stevning said...

Oh, how do you do it? This patter makes me want to jump and clap!!

kjoto said...

i came across your blog and i have to tell you, that i like your work so much!
your combination of knitting, painting and sculptured things is great!
so carry on with so much creativity!
love from germany :-)

Melissa Crowe said...

Just one bar, huh? S'nothing.