Monday, June 21, 2010

those textiles just get me every time...


(embroidery image scanned into the computer, and then digitally altered)

I am having fun experimenting more with combined sewn and digital work, and really love how this door pattern turned out. It really is getting a bit addictive.....



...and of course my love for these faces never stops. (all thanks to my original collaboration with Pistachio Press.....) I have to admit, I am quite anxious about receiving the first test swatches for this one. I already want to use it for a footstool, pillows, bedding, wallpaper, etc..... Rather than an addiction, I think this one has become a bit of an obsession, don't you think?

Well, we have been busy coming up with some ideas for my new Robert Kaufman fabrics, and I am looking forward to sharing these with you soon. Shall we say tomorrow, perhaps? I don't want to "give anything away", but I highly suggest you pop by to say hello :)

night night

4 comments:

blue china studio said...

Oh, love the doors...oh and love the faces. If this is an addiction then it is a good one in my book.

Can't wait to see what is up for tomorrow!

Škorčica said...

Nothing wrong with being addicted with creating, don't you think so! :)

paintdropskeepfalling said...

I learnt Photo shop recently and I totally understand what you mean! I could play for hours changing the hue and saturation and never get bored. Looking forward to seeing the fabrics.

mummysam said...

thanks! It's been so hard waiting, and once the samples land in my hands I will be sure to share :)