Monday, May 10, 2010

a little fun with Spoonflower....



whew! After what seemed like countless hours trying desperately to sort this whole "repeat pattern" business out, I finally managed to get it done. It somehow, and might I add magically, works really well and I cannot wait to see the swatch when it arrives. The only problem is that some of my steps to get here are a bit vague, and who knows if I will be able to even remember how I got it to work.....that's the only problem when you start frantically clicking at random in the middle of the night.....



I did, however, manage to squeak in a little time to work on this fun and very "stress-free" design when hair pulling needed to take a little break. With a test yard sent this past week, I was able to tinker around a bit more with it until it was done. Viola!



A few snapshots with my favourite new ring, and the fabric is now ready for sale at
Spoonflower! (oh dear...I should have gotten out the iron. Just pretend you don't see any wrinkles....)
I decided that the images were a bit large for my liking, so the one adjustment I did make was to make the pattern quite a bit smaller.

Now I just have to figure out what to make with it..hmmm......any ideas?

4 comments:

Marshmallow Beanie said...

Oh, you are so so cleaver. What gorgeous work!!! Didn't even notice the wrinkles :-)

Have a great day and congratulations on getting the print right - it looks fantastic!
Sally

blue china studio said...

Oh,just love that print and also like the the one you just got back. What a fun one!

And that ring! oh man!!!gorgeous!

mummysam said...

oh thank you ever so much!
I am really anxious to see how my repeat pattern looks when I receive the swatch....although it has me thinking wallpaper at the moment...
anyone know how to do that?

Cara Carmina said...

Oh after all the hard work it is wonderful!!! congrats! these look amazing!!!