Tuesday, May 18, 2010

it is the tour (and world cup) that initiated this one...



...the boys are ready (and quite anxious) to start re-enacting their favourite sprinters and climbers on our chalk-drawn version of Le Tour De France in our driveway. ( I am still quite partial to my dear Cavendish.....). With the added bonus of World Cup around the corner, we decided to get ourselves prepared by venturing out to our local teacher's resource store for a good world map.
...The boys are really excited, and I myself am realizing just how much I don't know about the world around me ( I just play it off like I have it all down....it just took mummy a bit longer to find it, that's all.....sound convincing?) We have many plans for this dear map, and I am happy that we went with the one that included flags. The boys love drawing them, and have already begun getting their jerseys ready for the upcoming events...

..we just need to figure out what to do for a team car this year, as the boys have outgrown this car that was perfect for handing out water and fixing flat tires.....


..oh, we are so excited!!

2 comments:

blue china studio said...

You have so much fun at your house! I wish I was your neighbor so I could join in. We went through a big map and flag phase here in the earlier years. They are very fun to look at. But we have never reenacted the Tour de France...sure looks like a great time.

mummysam said...

we are excited...although they always ask me to be one of the guys that crashes in the back of the line..I never get to win!