Saturday, May 8, 2010

happy mother's day.....



...it's 11pm and I have spent the day successfully avoiding any "suspicious" areas that may hold forbidden objects. Underneath the couch and inside various cupboards, house secret items that a certain mum is forbidden to see. I have to say, I am quite impressed that these little sneaky souls have managed to go the past few days without giving away any secrets (and boys, I know how hard that must be for you......)

...I am looking forward to a morning in bed where a moment of quiet will inevitably be followed by two boys rushing in, unable to hold it in any longer. I will be lying there happy to be covered with the pieces that had been hidden so well...( which translates to a week of me pushing things I know I shouldn't see further under the couch because I almost tripped on them as I walked by.....and then making sure to take mental note of where I stumbled upon all these randomly placed objects just in case they get "lost")

..I hope all of you have a wonderful Mother's Day, and mum.......although I may not be there to rush in and jump on your bed in the wee hours of the morning desperate to shout "Happy Mother's Day", I will be thinking of you so much. So much so, that maybe I should send a call your way when the boys come in. Besides, I will be bursting at the seams anxious to tell you what had been hidden under the couch all week long.

...Maybe you can sleep in next year :)

3 comments:

Mim Smith Faro said...

Happy Mother's Day!

tangled sky studio said...

happy mother's day many times over woman! you possess the humor and grace that makes it's a joy to read your journey as an artist and a mother.....have a lovely day with your two greatest creations....

beth

mummysam said...

thank you ladies!!!
and beth...you are just too kind, my dear. I can say the exact same thing for you (except add to the number of kids, of course!)