Thursday, April 15, 2010

stop mucking about....


"Harold, stop mucking about. You almost made me drop a stitch....."
Oh, poor old Harold. It was just supposed to be a nice trip out on the boat. She would knit, and he would enjoy a good pipe. Why must that obnoxious Octopus get in the way?




Well, dear Harold has not been the only one "mucking" about as I continue to make progress on this embroidered piece that will be going to the Lost at Sea show next week (see two posts down). I spent a good couple of weeks thinking and pondering about what to do, and after completely rearranging the studio (which, might I add, always seems to be a "necessary" thing to do at the most inappropriate time....) I sat down and got to work.




As I begin to sew each segment of the story, I realized how much I needed that time to just ponder Harold and Marge's daily excursion. What did the Octopus want? Why did only Harold notice? Does Marge ever look up from her knitting? you know...all of the "important" questions one must find answers to :)

I have still yet to figure just how this little story ends, so maybe it's best if I get back to work.

No more mucking about. (at least for today)

8 comments:

meplusmolly said...

too fabulous for words........ X ;0

tangled sky studio said...

wow...this is going to be spectacular and yummy!

blue china studio said...

How intriguing (did I spell that right?). I can't wait to see the finished product!

Victoria van der Laan said...

...amazing!!!!!! I'm totally inspired right now!

inaluxe said...

I say what meplusmolly said! :)

have a lovely weekend.

sammi said...

thanks everyone! I hope this ends up turning out...(fingers crossed!!!)I am about to add the wax. eek! always a scary adventure :)

Cara Carmina said...

(applauses)

Anonymous said...

Sam --
Your work is so beautiful! I'm so glad to have found your website and blog, it is such a treat. Just amazing. Looking forward to seeing you and the boys in the neighborhood:) Sandra