Friday, April 9, 2010

a sneak peak, perhaps?



....it's official......the book cover has been approved, and I couldn't wait to share the news!

After many a back and forth discussion about background colours, font styles, and so on, we have ended up with a design that fits me oh so well. My design editor at Stash books did such a fabulous job listening to my concerns and questions, and was able to create something so wonderful and just delicious to look at.

It finally feels real. To see a visual representation of something you have been working on for the better part of a year feels ever so rewarding, and I am still pinching myself that this is truly happening. It has been a lot of work, but worth every bit of late night stress and sudden "can I really do this?" panic attacks along the way.

Yes. I can do this. I did do it. And it's going to look fabulous.....

Look for it this coming October!

17 comments:

thea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thea Coughlin said...

Gorgeous! Oh how exciting Sam! I cannot wait to leaf through your book:)

Vivika said...

I can't wait to pick up this book. Your blog has been so inspiring and fun to watch, and the book will be, I am sure, a real pleasure as well. Congratulations on this fine accomplishment!

Amber Dusick said...

It looks wonderful! Congratulations, wow, I can't even imagine how it must feel to have it be real enough to post about it. Yay!

sammi said...

thank you so much everyone!
I truly am so excited, and am so glad you all like it :)
again, thank you for all of your lovely comments!

abbyglassenberg said...

It's lovely, Sam! What a great moment to celebrate! Hooray!

Cara Carmina said...

CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAATS!!!!! :) :) :) Looks great!!!! I cannot wait to see it!!!!

I love your work and I´m so happy for you!!! :)

(applauses)

Melissa Crowe said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray! I think it looks PERFECT, and I cannot wait to see it.

drawntoletters said...

Just love finding your art. Really unique combinations. Congratulations on your book and fabric line!

Robina said...

How exciting. Can't wait for your book to come out. You must be bursting with pride!

shirin said...

this look SO awesome, I can't wait!! I absolutely love the cover, such a cute little lady. woohoo, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is only a little about what I could say.....WOW! Natalie

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

I am SO excited for you! The cover looks amazing and I cant wait to get a copy of your wonderful book!!!!

sammi said...

again, thanks everyone!!!!
now I just have to figure out that perfect "plot" to get this book displayed in as many shops as possible :)

pixie said...

sam, this looks so freaking kewl. i'm so excited for you! and can't wait to get my hands on this bit of genius.

susanne said...

So pleased that you like it! Stash Books is so very very very excited about your book!

Marisa and Creative Thursday said...

purely fantastic!!! I love the title too! Congratulations!