Wednesday, April 21, 2010

only after some spilled milk....




....only after I accidentally knocked my youngest son's milk over onto the couch and then discovered it was old....

...only after two hours of looking desperately for the scissors and needles that I forgot had been put in a "safe" spot (meaning on top of recycling bin in the garage and on the sink next to the toilet).....



....only after dropping my cup of coffee and having to change my fresh white shirt
that I had proudly claimed as my first "no kid marks anywhere" item of clothing...

...only after my thread kept getting jammed in the machine and I accidentally cut an opening in the front of my piece as I tried to "fix" the problem



...only after I went outside to take a mental "breather" from my troubles to then discover that the neighborhood cat had pulled all of the shallots out of my little vegetable garden we just planted

...only after I went to make a sandwich for lunch, and then found only crusts were left (I hate crusts)

...only after all of that did I return to my piece, stitch a little border with my "good enough for now" machine, and step back.

...no more things to get in the way. it was finally done

....but then again, I still have to take it to the post............

8 comments:

Lyn Newhouse said...

Wonderful piece!!!

blue china studio said...

Oh, how fun! Congratulations on finishing it...sounds like there were a few challenges along the way but it turned out great!

tangled sky studio said...

it's amazing sam...truly amazing. i wish you a big out breath and a fresh loaf of bread!

sammi said...

thank you all! oh my, were the challenges a plenty on this one!
( big sigh of relief can be had now!)

Cara Carmina said...

I think all was worth it... it´s an amazing piece! ... what a journey!!! it´s beatiful... looove the details... (hope the machine is better now... I hate when the threads gets all weird in it!)

ieva jansone said...

:)) hello! finally had a bit time to come back to that TAPE which stayed in my memory from deborah's favorites' list (kickan & conkers), and - throught that fabulous tape i came to your even more fabulous shop, and now to your blog.. and.. just wanted to tell you how much i like the things you're making! it's all great!!

Lia said...

What a wonderful idea!! I totally love it!!!! too bad am not much of an artist :p

splurge said...

Love the piece. In the midst of your chaos, you did make the front page of Etsy today my dear!