Saturday, April 17, 2010

it's a sign....


...literally.

Sometimes it is so nice, and necessary, to have an opportunity to tinker about with something one doesn't normally do. When approached to design new storefront signage for a lovely children's shop just outside of Chicago, I jumped at the chance to play with text and colour in a more graphic approach. Thinking about how something will be read from across the street introduced a new approach to placement of colour. It had to be playful and fun, yet also be easily read by not only pedestrian passers-by, but also people whizzing past in their cars.

It will be interesting to see how the sign-makers will translate this image into the larger scale sign it's destined to be, but even more so when I become the passerby and have a look for myself! ....stay tuned.....

6 comments:

blue china studio said...

I love it! I think it will definitely translate well in a larger size. What a fun project.

splurge said...

I absolutely love it. Could you please make one for my house? I'd happily put it across the front window.

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

so great! such a perfect sign for a children's store!

Rubyellen said...

gosh. that name and design is just clever! ;)

sammi said...

thank you so much everyone!
and splurge...shall I replace the bunny with a lovely portrait of myself? that should draw the neighbors in :)

sammi said...

thank you so much everyone!
and splurge...shall I replace the bunny with a lovely portrait of myself? that should draw the neighbors in :)