Friday, March 26, 2010

if the shoes sort of fit.....



...if the shoes sort of fit, then by all means get yourself dolled up for an "oh, too rare" date without the kids. ( Nothing like shoving some tissues into the toes to help keep the heels from constantly popping out. There's a reason this image is a plan view, otherwise I am afraid it looks like I am sporting skis.)

..grab your favourite bag (thanks Ruby for making such a lovely one!)....
( Just make sure to face your bag out the right way. No one needs to see the big black stain from a marker that one of your children returned without it's cap on. again. )

..adorn a lovely dress from Target that needs to be taken in about 3 inches on either side at the bust line, because that extra small is still not small enough at the top...

...enjoy a much needed dinner out with a couple of glasses of wine, and tell yourself that you need to do this more often than a few times a year ( and I am being generous when I say "few")

...make sure to wear shoes that actually fit next time, because in the end you come home exhausted from trying desperately to keep your feet in your shoes all night. Tissue only works for so long. (but for these ones, I'll take the discomfort....I just love the yellow colour. And besides, I am only doing this a few times a year, right? )

5 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

good for you friend...and the shoes are totally worth the effort!

Amber Dusick said...

Those shoes are worth the pain for sure. I have the opposite problem, my shoes are all too tight from my feet growing in pregnancy! How did you end up with a too big pair? On sale?

sammi said...

thank you both!
and Amber...it's called losing the receipt when I grabbed the wrong pair, and waiting too long to return them. :)

abbyglassenberg said...

I have those same shoes! But they are in my size. I wear them so much! Hooray for Target.

Cary Walker said...

very cute shoes! i need some new shoes.

i often shop in the girls section at target, i can fit in the larger sizes as i am rather not-well endowed;) they are cheaper too.