Monday, March 22, 2010

doodle me some mac n cheese....






This past week of warmth brought about a couple glorious days of just being outside. Gardens received a good dose of cleaning, boys got dirty, and dinner was devoured at the patio table. The quick return to cold weather prompted also a return to the comfort food that fits it so.....(even if I wasn't quite ready to admit that the cold had come back....)

With baked macaroni and cheese being a staple in this house, I have spent the past few years coming up with a recipe that suits the boys perfectly. (Oh how different there taste buds are.....and I find it even more interesting that the picky eater was the one that was only fed homemade baby food. All of those days of pureeing and ice cube tray storing apparently didn't do much, as the child fed on baby jars eats anything you give him...hmmm.....)

anyway, I thought it would be fun to doodle up a kid-friendly recipe full of yummy goodness!
just click on the images to get a larger view, print, and bake away :)

7 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

do i see a cookbook in your future???? i have no less than three favorite mac and cheese recipes and the kids of course love them all. each uses different cheeses(gruyere) one has a bit of dijon mustard and one (like yours) has cauliflower. i used to sing a little song i w as recently reminded of: two, four, six, eight, i can eat my body weight in cheese...cheese...yay... cheese!

ps: can you believe there are people out there who do not even like mac and cheese? madness.

sammi said...

hi beth....i love to add a bit of dijon..(but somehow the little guy can sense it from a mile away.....) and gruyere..oh doens't that make for the best kind? (again, if only the kids would like that!!)

rachel awes said...

now this is my kind of recipe! both in the practical sense for my family (2 sons ages 13 & 11) & also for my aesthetic cravings (i love how you created this to look!...i think beth has an inspired idea with a future cookbook by you!!).

Anonymous said...

I followed some links here because of this super-cute printable recipe. And I suggest you make a few more, using comfort food staples, and start selling 'em. Because they are *cute*! I would totally buy a dozen adorable recipes like this to give to a new mom or as a housewarming gift! Adorable!

Andrea said...

I would love a cookbook like this too! I wonder if you could put one on lulu.com!

rara4h@yahoo.com said...

I am wondering how one gets drawings like this on to the computer with filled in color? My daughter has been wanting to but I have no idea how. We have photoshop and illustrator.

Lady Anne said...

Buying some blue stilton cheese from blue stilton store for this.