Friday, March 5, 2010

despite her red boots.....



...oh that Mildred, always crashing the party just as I find someone interesting to talk to...




...look at her with those bright red boots, always making sure she gets all of the attention!




... let's just hope I have done enough to keep this one interested :)

oh, how good it feels to finally accomplish a piece that just worked perfectly from start to finish! I should be used to this cycle by now, where one can often find themselves in struggle upon struggle as one continues to work. Three pieces full of labour and anguish finally gave way to a work that caused nothing but peace and happiness. Just when you are ready to hang in the towel, the perfect one comes along to get you right back on track!!! yes, indeed....this felt good.

...so good, in fact, that I may just have to pick up that towel again and take a nice soothing bath as a little reward.

****Don't forget about the print GIVEAWAY! the deadline ends at 10:30pm tonight, so make sure to get your name in! (see post below) *******

12 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rubyellen said...

absolutely beautiful! i love the gentlemen's mustache!

tangled sky studio said...

ooh the lovely color combination hits such a sweet spot...this piece really sings. happy friday!

Melissa Crowe said...

Typos in my last comment. :-(

I was just saying that I want you to highlight this technique in my book-that-doesn't-exist-yet!

kristin said...

i love your humor almost as much as i enjoy your work! another fabulous piece!...and did you say give away?

lisa s said...

this is such a great piece!

splurge said...

Sam, dear, how did you know I still have my red boots? lol. great piece!

Elaine Shandra said...

Today, I showed your blog to my sister and we both got some great laughs at the captions/stories of your art! Love it, thanks for sharing!

sammi said...

thanks ever so much! I loved making this piece....although now i have a sudden urge to buy a whole pile of fabric paints!

Klay said...

Oooh I love this!

I'm with Melissa - I would love for you to highlight this technique in her book that I hope will someday exist.

beruta said...

It`s great, I love it!
It`s full of life...

Lyn Newhouse said...

I love it!!