Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ahhh, the wellies kept me out of the rain!



aha! I must have just needed a good pair of wellies to protect me from this creative wet puddle I have been soaking in for way too long.....


...I cannot thank you enough, dear wellies, as this morning brought about the most wonderful creating experience I have had in quite some time. Your bright boots kept me cheerful and hopeful, as I continued to go with the rhythm. A sewing/painting process that went without hitch, and has now got me wanting more.

...hmmm....are we on a wellie kick now?

6 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

Though our styles are quite different, our minds work in very similar ways, my dear--I'm on a sewing/painting kick, too, as you know, but what you're doing is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. It's all I can do not to rush to the studio and copy you. You'll have to police me a little, I fear. ;-)

Amber Dusick said...

This is fantastic! I love the direction you have gone in. Deeper, brooding. And wellies. I have to laugh because I wear red wellies to work in my ceramic studio. I can get clay all over them and just rinse them off. They are my creative boots and truly magical.

sammi said...

Thank you both!
and I do find I am going backwards to my painting days a bit, as the pieces are slowly getting darker and darker...I was just nervous about how people would take this change?

again, thank you both!!
(alright melissa....where's this project idea going? I am anxiously awaiting)

tangled sky studio said...

love the new direction and the deeper colors....is it canvas stretched on a frame? there is lots of potential here sam...can't wait to see where it goes.

Elise said...

I think your work is wonderful, expressive and always touching! Keep going, no matter what. Doubts be darned (just not able to swear on blogland)!!!
Regards,
Elise

sammi said...

beth...it's linen stretched over 1/2 inch thick piece of wood. It just reminds me so much of what I used to do...I am going full-circle 8 years later!
Elise....thanks so much for your comments! (non-swear word and all :) )