Wednesday, February 10, 2010

just hang in for a little bit longer....



....doesn't it always happen at just the right moment?
With my solo show at Renegade a mere week away, a little virus of some sort decided it perfect timing to pay me a visit. This past week has been one of frustration more than anything, as I tried to ignore my shivers and coughs and finish what needed to be done. With a body screaming to go to bed and a mind telling you (in a panic stricken voice) that you won't finish if you listen to said body, I tried my best to complete what I had set out to do. I probably wasn't the prettiest little sight around, but I managed to get it done. Hanging these flags felt good. They were made in a moment of feeling my worst, when true fear had struck in that I had not made enough for the show. They have since been packed up with the rest of the work, and are now on their way to Chicago....whew!

I got them done and now I can just take a moment to breathe....or cough.

9 comments:

katy said...

i'm sure you're ready to collapse in a heap!

congrats on the solo show!

Cara Carmina said...

(applauses!!!!) and now! you go to sleep girl!!!!! :)

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Well done - sure it'll be a great success - now go to bed!

sammi said...

thank you!! and yes...I indeed collapsed last night. My body is telling me to take it easy today during my little one's stay at pre-school. (so better go grab some tea and chocolate....)

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

Hooray for being done! I had a killer cold this week, too, but I totally know what you mean about pushing through. I hope you can relax now and sleep!

Cary Walker said...

oh goodness! what terrible timing!! i'm so glad you got it done... rest and get better!!

tangled sky studio said...

sounds like you've burned the candle at both ends. now breathe.and sleep.and remember you are all kinds of awesome.
cheers.
beth

danielle hanson said...

I have just received that most beautiful print you have done with pistachio press. I have admired your work for such a long time and now have somethings from you...thank you. Keep going!
hope that your show goes well......

sammi said...

thank you so much everyone!!
I am feeling so much better, and really loved hearing all of your well wishes and encouragement :)