Friday, February 12, 2010

it's good to have these....



...it's moments like these that every mother needs....


....moments of calm that catch you off-guard and usually at a time when you need it most.

....we sat around the kitchen table reading, drawing, and talking for what seemed like ages. I drank my hot cup of tea as the boys immersed themselves in flying gerbils, dung-eating tortoises (a fact that apparently made their afternoon), and snake-eating snakes.

...a moment this mother definitely needed (dung-eating tortoises and all.....)

3 comments:

Amber Dusick said...

I so know that unexpected calm moment you describe. Just past your breaking point, suddenly it happens! I'll have to try the dung eating tortoises on my oldest soon. I think he would be enchanted even though he is just 3.5.

sammi said...

I think those interests must be universal amongst all little guys!

Cara Carmina said...

Lovely moment.... happy you are feeling better.... ! :) happy Wednesday...