Thursday, January 21, 2010

I get cold...



is it just me, or do you get cold when tired as well?

...it has been especially hard as of late, considering the long week we have had with two bronchitis ridden little boys. With the last week spent mostly taking care of their sore chests, I have had precious little time to focus on what needs to get done work-wise. I would like to just go ahead and blame it on the cold. The cold I feel once the kids have gone down for the night, and I decide to just sit for a little while and make the mistake of wrapping myself up in a blanket kind of cold. The cold that keeps me incubated under the blanket just "ten more minutes and then I will work" kind of cold. The cold that extends my start time from 7pm to 8pm because I am too scared to pull off the blanket kind of cold. The cold that keeps the blanket wrapped around my shoulders as I muster myself to the computer kind of cold. The cold that keeps the blanket wrapped around my shoulders, which inevitably makes it too complicated to sew at the machine kind of cold.

....the cold that makes me realize that I am getting colder and that the only solution is to retire under our thick down-comforter kind of cold. The cold that tells me I am too tired and should just give up trying to work tonight at all.

...the cold that tells me it will be warmer tomorrow.

4 comments:

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

me too! If I'm working late I always have to crank the heat up or else my fingers feel like they'll fall off. Hope the boys feel better soon.

sam lamb said...

i wasn't even cold, but couldn't muster the energy to work last night. some nights it just isn't in the stars.

so glad to have found your blog! and i think this link may work better for mine than on flickr...i probably got the code wrong, or something equally technical that i don't understand!

excited to see the letterpress work...

leah said...

i know that kind of cold all too well!

lark said...

i love this piece....
mr fox walking thru the woods on a windy day. nicely done--good for the soul and imagination.