Thursday, November 5, 2009

simply perfect....



It's amazing how something as simple as a couple of pieces of toast with cottage cheese (accompanied by the perfect hot cup of tea, of course) can bring a mother the escapism she needs on one of those tough, tough days. It may have lasted only 5 minutes, but I somehow managed to stake a hideout in the kitchen and thoroughly enjoy every bite of toast and sip of tea
as my body took a quick rest. They will find me for sure, and any second I will hear the combined stomping (how is it that there feet always sound so much heavier than they are?) of two brothers making there way in, ready to pull me this direction and the other. "yes, I see....that is a lovely track you have made.....yes, what a perfect alien invasion of planet shmarpo......haven't I already asked you not to use the couch as a playground?.....just hold on for a few more minutes, dinner will be ready soon.....no, I cannot make something different.....please don't keep scaring your brother, you know he doesn't like it....because we were up so early, that's why we are going to bed now".....you know those days?
Oh, I have spoke too soon...here they come now, wrapped in aluminum foil and ready to take me as prisoner to some planet near Mars. Good thing I managed a quick refuel...I was just informed
that this journey is going to take a zagillion years.....and that there is no tea or cottage cheese there. They eat rocks.

****Don't forget the giveaway on my previous post!!!! The final deadline is this Friday at midnight!!!!!!!! **********

2 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

thanks for the laugh and the gentle reminder to appreciate the imagination of little ones.....so sweet.

Thea said...

Your house sounds so fun...Trey would love tohave a brother to make up planets with...
xo