Friday, October 30, 2009

knit.purl.drats.....knit.purl.drats....



I don't know how she managed to do it. I am the most dreadful knitter out there, and somehow she was able to teach me the basic skills to get started on my own (which, by the way, is a very big accomplishment) Just a couple of classes with Leah has given me the confidence to get my foot in the door....and with a sick little one still at home, it has been the perfect opportunity to practice my knit purl action. I have big plans for these little knittlings in progress, and soon I will hopefully be able to share that news with all of you. But for now I can say with utmost confidence that I am doing a good job filling the house with these little projects. The only problem is that I haven't learned how to actually get them off the needles yet, which may be kind of crucial in this whole knitting business. If you want something without sharp needles attached to the end, please go visit my friend's shop. (and if you live in the area, pester her for some lessons. She is a fantastic teacher, and bakes the best apple cake to get your knitting juices going!)

1 comment:

tangled sky studio said...

i have been a bit of a knitting slacker lately...but your tiny, tiny needles are reminding me there is a little project i need to get going on....hope you little one is feeling better soon.

beth