Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I guess it's back to the wheel thing again....



Back in my painting days (oh how long ago that seems sometimes!), I had a big tendency to give all of my subjects wheels instead of feet. There was always a nervousness about my paintings looking "too cute", and for some reason wheels helped keep the "oh so cute" at bay..(or maybe it was the arrows I always used to draw through their mouths? hmmmm) Regardless, the wheels now seem to be creeping back into my life again, but this time with a cuteness that is much welcome.



It's funny how my intention of using wheels this time completely contradicts the reason they were used in the first place. Is it because I have kids now? Who knows.....but what I can say with certainty is that this time there won't be any scary arrows popping up.

4 comments:

PilliPilli Handmade said...

Absolutely Fanta-Gorgeou-licious!!!
' Love it. Every inch of it!

well done!
Best wishes,
K.

sammi said...

thank you!!!!! (and oh how I love that wrist piece you made!!)

Pajara Pinta said...

love wheels ... and this ones are very cute... wishing you a good Fall and lots of inspiration...

flying away now...

allison said...

great work and blog!