Tuesday, September 22, 2009

and then comes the fabric......




Here's a sneak peek my friends at what has been filling my head (and time) as of late.....
With the book process coming to a small breather point, I was finally able to give fabric design a go. Within an hour of starting this new project, I quickly realized that my atari computer knowledge from the 80's was not going to help much with this endeav0r. A full week was easily spent trying desperately to teach myself some photoshop basics, and thus went four days before I finally figured out how to color a line. (...oh how wonderful it felt when that "aha!" moment finally came). Now that I have the ability (a very basic ability, mind you...) to quickly change around the colours a bit, the excitement is really starting to set in as I keep playing around with different combinations. (which also leads to some late nights of non-stop putsing around)
The nerves of tackling something new have subsided, leaving much of the self-doubt that has been looming about me finally behind. I can finally play around without worry, and am having so much fun seeing my drawings take on a completely different feel. Oh how wonderful it will be to be to see these printed on bolts of fabric!

5 comments:

WithIn Fertility Cards (aka Rebecca) said...

LOVE IT!!!
I am so impressed with your photoshop skills. You are something else. You amaze me every day. Just when I think you have done something cool, you go and top it. I think you deserve a glass of wine on me. Cheers!

Kristin said...

So Beautiful! I can't wait till it's on the market. : )

Susanne said...

Hello chuck,
The doors! Oh how I love the doors.
I think you should have some just black and white too-that sketchbook feel is very 'now'!
S

sammi said...

thanks for such the fantastic compliments! (and I will definitely have that glass of wine.....of course only because you insist! )
and yes, I agree with the balck and white....it took a while to get myself diving into any colour at all :)

tangled sky studio said...

i'm with you on the glass of wine and the black and white...cheers!

beth

ps: i can also see how the color thing could be a wee bit addictive...more colors, more fun!