Friday, September 11, 2009

35 cabbages......



well, as of today I have officially joined the "35" club.....to celebrate I decided to have myself a sit at the table and draw some cabbages (35 of them as a matter of fact) and I have absolutely no idea why. After spending my two hours of kid free time doing this, it would naturally happen that I tip the ink jar right over the entire page (above cabbages were captured just before their demise). Feeling sorry for myself that 35 wasn't off to a good start, I heard a knock on the door and was greeted with this......


a perfect present sent in the mail from a perfect sister. How did she know I was drawing cabbages today? Now I don't have to worry about drawing another batch..I can just cook them :)
thanks sis!

P.S. congratulations Jenny!!!! Please send me an e-mail with your address, and your giveaway will be on it's way.....thank you so much everyone for all of your absolutely wonderful comments, and I got a lovely chance to meet some new bloggers :)

7 comments:

The Vintage Sister said...

So sorry to hear about your sweet little cabbages.
Happy cooking!
Tracy

tangled sky studio said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I am envious of your gift (i am a cookbook lover) and farmer john is quite a character so i'm sure your new treasure will be filled with lots of veggie goodness. Both my kids (and chuck) went to work on his farm for their 3rd grade camping trips.

leah said...

happy birthday lady!

Rebecca said...

Yeah, I am one rockin' sista!
:) love you!

sammi said...

thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!
(and beth...I wanted the book solely because of his sesame/beet burgers. a lot of work, but so so good)

Colorsonmymind said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!

Oh I can't believe I saw you Friday and didn't know:)

Jenny said...

hooray! i can hardly believe I won!

a gift for ME on YOUR birthday? it's too much.

thank you, thank you!