Wednesday, July 1, 2009

times two.....






A family trip to visit two beautiful new nephews resulted in an intense two days of sensory overload as my head filled with many an emotional memory of when my boys were that little. Their coos and cries sounded so familiar, and I was instantly taken back to the days spent cradling their little bodies, trying to anticipate their next move. I remember questioning why I was always so tired, and looking at my sister go through it now I see why. My mind was always "on". Even through a good long nap, I was already thinking ahead to when they might wake hungry or be ready for a diaper change. Going to bed was always initiated with a, "I better go to bed now, because I know they will be up before too long". My mind tired me out more than anything, and now I take advantage of being able to go to bed knowing that night interruptions are mostly a thing of the past.
It was so wonderful to have those memories back, and even more so seeing my sister get the chance to do so as well. (although I don't quite miss the long feeds where my body would sweat under the heat of their little bodies, causing my limbs to ache in a desperate need to move again.
Oh the boredom and ansyness that would ensue sometimes! And I only did it one at a time.........impressive work there little sis.)
Welcome to the world little ones, and thank you for allowing me to go back six years and remember all those wonderful things that those new packages can bring. (although I must admit it feels pretty good to be sleeping again and no longer filling my days with washing and drying all those diapers.)

4 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

wow...these photos are soooo beautiful ( two babies at once-oh my!) i hope your summer is off to an amazing start and that you and the boys are having lots of laughs....

beth

elma said...

Beautiful pictures:) Children are such a blessing. I would love to nurse again and hold a little one. They just grow up waaaaay to fast. Have a wonderful weekend.

Leililaloo said...

wow, the poetry that sounds trough these words is beautiful. I am in the middle of this prices with my 6week old, and fail to see the beauty in sleeplessness and utter tiredness sometimes, thank you for reminding me.

sammi said...

thank you everyone for your lovely comments....and dear leilaloo, congratulations. I think it's hard to appreciate until your well past it and very well rested :)