Saturday, July 11, 2009

Drumroll please......(or should I say fabric roll?)

Alright everyone....it's time to reveal my first big secret (with a second to hopefully follow soon....)
Do you remember those "day in the life" doodles I had done as a way to document my days with my boys when they were wee ones? Well, I am just so thrilled to announce that they will become one of a few designs I am working on for Robert Kaufman. Yes! My own fabric line with an amazing company due to come out in Spring of 2010, the designs will feature my crazy doodles and I just can't wait to sees the results. I am thrilled beyond words, and am relieved to finally spill the beans...........one down, and one more to go.

15 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

WOW! You are a superstar, my dear! I am SO SO SO happy for you, and I can't wait to see the end result.

Denise Felton said...

Yea! Hearty congratulations! This design is fabulous! I just put a link to this post on my blog. I hope it brings you a few new fans.

Denise
http://needlework.craftgossip.com

abbyglassenberg said...

Ack! This is amazing fabric! Wow! Such great news. And Robert Kaufman. So cool! Congratulations to you!

Suze said...

Congratulations! Awesome!

sammi said...

thank you so much everyone! Melissa...your pieces are getting even lovelier (that fox. oh my!)
Denise..thank you for such a great post. Abby...congrats to you as well :)
Suze..thank you for the great compliment!

erin said...

that is THE coolest thing ever!!

PilliPilli Handmade said...

Wow... what an honour!

I always love Robert Kaufman's fabric (Poor money of mine... a lot of it goes to Robert.), so I'm pretty sure I'm going to want some of yours!

Sammi and Robrt... Best of both worlds!

Good luck!
Best wishes,
K.
Pilli Pilli Handmade

Cary Walker said...

so happy for you sam:) i can't wait to see them!

elmaelsiena said...

Yaa That is great news!! You so deserve it:)

tangled sky studio said...

i knew those doodles would make amazing fabric! bravo sammi!!!!!!

beth

sammi said...

erin...as always, thanks for being so supprotive
pilli pilli...I would just love to see what you could do with the fabric
elma....thank you thank you! you have been just so wonderful
beth...how many yard for all the windows in your new house? :)

Natalie P said...

Love it....very cool! Can't wait to see more!

leah said...

holy crap that is freaking fantastic! i am so excited for you and would love to hear about your process.

tangled sky studio said...

i've got plantation shutters on every window but i've taken to reupholstering things (many things...instead of packing.)hmmm. i can't wait till this is available... it's pseudo minimalist in a cool and clever way and i will definitely find a use for a couple yards!

Leililaloo said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow that's great..