Tuesday, July 28, 2009

the big news is in!!!!!



can you guess what it is? do the endless piles of empty pens help? ........



.....or how about the flurry of typing that continues well into the night? no idea yet?.......



hmmmm...these piles of doodles spread throughout the entire house should definitely give it away...no? then.....



what about the massive amount of fabric that has been arriving at my door? ah, you are getting warmer......



let's just add a few containers of thread, and ta-da! It's a book!

Oh, can I tell you how wonderful it finally feels to be able to let you all know? The questions have been coming in, and it has been ever so hard to keep it behind these lips of mine. My cheeks were just about ready to explode when I was finally given the green light to let it all out. yay! The last couple of months has been a very intense period of drawing and writing, and I am so happy to say that things are really starting to come together. I can only give you "sneak peaks" into what has been going on behind these doors, but hopefully it now explains my
hermit-like behavior lately.

It has been an amazing (and very tiring!) process, and none of this would have come about without my amazing acquisitions editor, Susanne Woods of C&T Publishing. They are undergoing a drastic new change in their approach to design, as the next line-up of authors promises to bring a completely fresh, new, modern aesthetic to their collection of books. I am just so honoured to be a part of this process, and cannot wait to see what everyone will be bringing to the table.

well, my coffee cup is beckoning me to return to the desk. I have a new pile of pens ready to go, so it looks like this time I will be drawing into the night :)

11 comments:

abbyglassenberg said...

Congratulations, Sam! I am so excited for you!

leah said...

waa hooo! scream it from the mountain tops! ieieieie! yippee!

Melissa Crowe said...

Well, I for one can't wait to have my copy of what I know will be an amazing and beautiful book. Hooray for you!

Dot said...

This is fantastic news! I am very, very happy for you!

sammi said...

thank you!! It feels so good now not having to worry so much about letting things "slip".....

Casey Dukes said...

I'm so excited we're doing a book with you! When you sent in samples, Susanne showed it off around the office, and we all oohed and ahhed. You are such an artist :)

Janice said...

Coffee Cup waits you...I thought you were a Tea Drinker! Now you need to post a date that we can be looking forward to!

Cary Walker said...

conrats again Sam!

16 windows said...

CONGRATULATIONS!:) Can't wait to see it:)

sammi said...

thank you again and again!!!
and yes....I may indeed be an avid tea drinker (it's in my blood, and evidenced so well by my "white" teeth as well), but there is only so much tea can do at night when you need to keep working! (sorry mum, but I just had to go to the other side)

Kathy Peterson Inspired said...

Sounds like a cool book...I hope to see it soon!
Kathy Peterson Inspired