Tuesday, May 26, 2009

it was about time.....


If you know me at all, then you will have certainly been introduced to my amazing "inability" to keep focused on any one thing for very long before seeing something "shiny" and moving on to something else. Although this may lead to rooms 95% completed (could I be thinking of the room that is painted except for one remaining baseboard, or the kitchen with all the tiles put up except for one last one under the top cupboard? ), it has worked out well for me since embarking on this new medium almost a year ago. One week its all about dolls, then mini pictures, then animals, then quilts.......and now frames. I better get some more built before I move on to the next project (but maybe I should first finish painting the top of the dresser I started two weeks ago....and I actually thought i'd finish that in one go....)

6 comments:

The Vintage Sister Studio said...

It must be the creative mind...or maybe that's the excuse I like the best because I'm the same way. I get bored easily and am always starting new things before finishing others. Oh well, there are far worse bad habits we could have;)
Tracy

denise said...

I feel your pain ;-)

Cary Walker said...

i am exactly the same way... focusing on one thing is my biggest hurdle.

dropstitch said...

This sounds so familiar... I blame the rest of the world rather than myself. If I was a true lady of leisure maybe I'd have time enough to start and FINISH everything that I wanted to. I do the best I can... honest, guv'nor!!

gigglepotamus said...

I can totally relate! My studio is filled with half finished/started projects. I'm a big believer in you have to go with what inspires you at the moment.... eventually we'll get back to the unfinished projects. As for house projects, my husband & I have an unspoken 80% rule... if a room is finished 80%, it's functional enough to use, therefore the "finishing" is put on the back burner, while we start in on a new room.... it's been going on like this for years!

sammi said...

well said, well said!