Wednesday, May 20, 2009

and then came the rain.....


IMG_3373, originally uploaded by mummysam.

Oh my, what a week it has been! When you combine awful allergies with a mental block, things can get pretty emotional.....It can be so hard to step away when the desire to make things is still strong. Staring at a blank page, panicking when you make the mistake of looking at other people's work to the point of insecurity, and tossing away part sewn projects that just aren't going anywhere can be very maddening.
But how thankful I was to have a good spurt of energy last night...things started to come together, and the nerves of when ideas will happen again slowly drifted away. I better ride this wave while I can!

5 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

she is extraordinary....
do you know about SARK? " Eat Mangos Naked" is my favorite go to book at times like these...you might enjoy her work as well.

Maya Tara Credico said...

Oh I love her, what a beautiful flier!

I know how you feel when you talk about feeling insecure. I think it comes and goes in small waves, but as long as you focus on what you're doing, it should all fall into place. Oh, and by the way, I don't think you have to doubt your work- it's fantastic!

sammi said...

beth--thanks so much :) and I went straight to check out that book...
maya---thank you for your encouraging words......I should be used to these fluctuating "waves" by now!

erin said...

should be used to them.
but it's always so scary when they come again isn't it?
like 'what if this time it never comes back?!'

oy vey...

like the muse leaves in a different way each time, and each time it's unrecognisable and scary. searching high and low for where she has hidden.

and then she appears again. behind you. from the corner of your eye.

laughing.

saying you needed a breather. to refresh and see things in new light.

Kristin said...

This is such a sweet little bird. extrodinary detail. Thanks for sharing.