Tuesday, March 10, 2009
welcome home tuesdays.... (and yes, the winner is.....)
many of you have asked about my home, and thanks to "selective" photography I have decided to take the next several Tuesdays to give you "bits and pieces" of my living space. (note the importance of "bits and pieces", as showing you the entire image would undoubtedly showcase my amazing ability to fail at any attempt of organization.....) I know this first entry reveals pretty much nothing, but please be patient as I let go and get more comfortable showing you the reality of what a house with two very active boys looks like on a day to day basis........
1. our "message center" in the kitchen...my original intention to have lists readily available on the wall has turned into the kids' space with their photos, art from school, and of course some lovely doodles. i love it.
2. the one piece I still own from my days as a mixed media artist....this is one of those very few pieces that I still love years later.
3. my beloved dresser with the wagon of boys and black apple print
4. a peek at my "can't live without" jars in my kitchen.....I have always loved the look of jars filled with flours, beans, and grains....there is such a tactile loveliness with jars that makes cooking and baking that much more wonderful....
5. our little collection of corks that are starting to pile up...
6. a peek at my mantle with one my my favourite little dolls and my mum's drawing in the background from her art school days...(sorry mum....I know how much you "love" me putting it there....)
so, there you have it....and hopefully I will step back a little further next week and show you something you can actually make out (after I dust and shove everything under the couches and beds)
***as far as the winner, congrats to Colleen !!!! I used random.org to generate the winner, and soon Rachel will be on her way! thank you again to everyone for all of their fantastic comments and wonderful support ***