Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Oh how I need help....
maybe a quick peek into my nightly routine will give you a better idea:
1. go to bed and sketch some ideas while the kids sleep quietly
2.turn light off
3.turn light back on to write down a reminder to pay mortgage
5. turn light back on to remember to call a friend
7. panic set in that I won't see the note I wrote
8. turn light back on and circle note with a marker
9. lights out
10. reach for glasses and put them on my sketch so that I don't forget my note in the morning
11. lights back on....decided I better fold my glasses over the paper so that I can't grab my glasses without picking up the note
13. it's after breakfast.....realize I had managed to put my glasses on and forget the note.....again.
I can't seem to shake it.....I seem to live in a world of organized chaos (although my husband would most likely dispute the "organized" part). Important numbers are often written down on the back of whatever I have handy. I know that my neighbour's number is on the back of an old phone bill (now where is that?), my password for amazon is on a scrap of yellow striped paper (I think I last saw that in a toy bucket), and a plethora of other "important" reminders lie silently amidst the house waiting to be discovered because I cannot remember the "safe" place that I put them in. Oh how I want to be organized, but I just don't think it's in my genetic givings.......and I realize now looking at this post that I have completely forgotten about calling my friend, and am now writing myself a note on my hand in hope that I remember before it gets wiped from memory in the bath.