Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's a british thing....


I just can't seem to shake it......little did I realize when I made this Simon doll over eight years ago that this little "british boy" would become crucial to my identity as an artist. Even after a good five year hiatus to have children I find him sneaking back into my life........apparently filling a studio with these sculptures and hanging paintings of him throughout the house aren't enough. He now composes a huge pile of felt cut-outs ready to be assembled into the perfect collection of proper english school boys....(he's even going to be a focus of a very exciting project goin underway right now!) I am thinking of sharing a couple of these dolls with everyone in my shop......afterall, one house isn't enough, right?
thoughts?

2 comments:

Rubyellen said...

wow! how do you do that?!! you are amazing!!!

tangled sky studio said...

hey there...you're just full of surprises! is he making a comeback????