Thursday, January 8, 2009

when one can't sew....


With no sewing machine in sight anytime soon, I have had to dig into my past a bit and try to find some others way to do a bit of creating. I had made a piece similar to this one when little A was younger and really having a hard time with his Asthma. It was intended as an "I'm always thinking about you" from mother to son, with an added touch of A's own personal dinosaur drawing in the background. It was a way for me to document a time in his life that has honestly caused lots of worry and stress, but also became a therapeutic outlet for me as well. I decided to make another one, as fitting as it is for the past couple of weeks we have gone through, and am really pleased with how it turned out. I am going to hopefully take some time tonight to get a variation ready for a print purchase in the shop. what do you think?

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

what do you think i think??? I LOVE IT!
(this speaks to me on so many levels)
and i am actually pretty excited to watch you dip your toe back in the painting water...

beth

sammi said...

thanks beth....that mean a lot coming from you1

Rubyellen said...

i would really love to see more of your work from your previous life. you do amazing things with a sewing machine, i am sure they are just as amazing with a paintbrush!

i will take pictures and send them to you as soon as i am able. i can hardly wait for my own! i really think this piece was just divine!!!