Tuesday, January 6, 2009

poor little guy.....


Not much creating wise can happen when your little guy is going through another one of his asthmatic episodes.....we have started the new year with a "fun"-filled week of medicines galore and a lot of back rubbing to help soothe his sore little body. All considering, he is handling it pretty well and hopefully we are through the worst of it. I thought I would take this little bit of time I had with my cup of coffee and two boys playing peacefully to post a quick note regarding the painting that many of you have inquired about. I used this mixed media piece as my self-portrait for the Japanese book mentioned in the previous post, and have tinkered around with it a bit to get a version into my shop. Look for more print updates as the week progresses since I am still without a sewing machine and don't anticipate it's return for a good week longer.........well, I best be off to play yet another round of Chutes and Ladders.......

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

i hope your cheeky little monkey is back to his easy breathing self soon. the colors in this painting are gorgeous. i love, love, love the amber color and weathered look it has...i'm assuming this is one of your pre-kid pieces?

peace (and quiet)
beth

sammi said...

thanks beth.....yes, he's doing better now (although am looking forward to his early bedtime tonight......much needed for both of us!)
I actually tried to paint this with the two boys running rampant....needless to say not much painting was done after that.
cheers and thanks!

Cary Walker said...

oh, that's no fun:( this time of year is hard. my son has eczema all over his face and neck. i hate when they are sick. hope he's feeling better soon (and your sewing machine too:)