Sunday, January 11, 2009

mummysam prints make their way....



As the sewing machine still awaits repair (fingers crossed any day now....), I find myself immersed in looking into the past at what I used to do before we had our boys. Making prints of paintings from that time in my life has been really fun and given me a new outlook on what work may eventually come from doing so. This was one of my all-time favourite paintings, and I am thrilled with how the print version turned out....I will post this little friend in the shop tonight :)

2 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

what's so great about this glimpse into the past is how much it resembles your stitched work today...you have changed mediums while remaining true to your style. I agree the painting is fabs and think you did a great job editing the print for etsy...it's all good sammi!
stay warm,
beth

Rubyellen said...

hi sam! not sure if you knew you were mentioned in modish holiday gift guide...http://www.modishblog.com/modish/2008/12/holiday-gift-guide-2008-part-two.html

i just saw it today. hugs!