Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a little rest.....


I have had to take a wee bit of a break these past couple of days, as my body has been feeling sore and achy from an unfortunate accident with a school bus the other day. I have to admit I am still a bit shaken up from the whole ordeal, but more than anything I am just glad that the boys are perfectly fine. We were venturing out for a little trip to the book store when my van got side-swiped by a school bus that failed to stop at the stop sign. It managed to turn us 180 degrees and then drag us for some distance before we finally came to a stop. Fortunately the side front got the hit, and we were all safe....the boys were shaken up for a bit, but nothing a dear neighbour couldn't fix with a trip to her house for some hot cocoa and chocolates. It's just so amazing how quickly things can happen, and when it does you are completely taken aback by what just happened. I am just so grateful that everyone is o.k...

10 comments:

kiddlebug said...

That would be scary, especially with your kids. I'm sure that your mind needs healing as well.

tangled sky studio said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are all ok. the image of the empty rocker makes my eyes a bit watery. my little guy and i were in a three car and a truck accident two years ago and i have been a different drive ever since (we were both fine but two people were seriously injured). Warm wishes to you all...

elma said...

WOW that is just terrible!! I am so glad you are all safe and no one was hurt. Have a wonderful night. Take care.

Nessa said...

wow! that's so scary! It kind of bursts my little bubble that bus drivers arent very, very cautious drivers. You'd think they would be, what with the delicate cargo they carry!
Sounds like you should have some hot cocoa and relaxation time too!

sammi said...

thank you so much everyone......I am feeling much better this morning, and am ready to dive into some creating again (hmmmm....I would like to think an entire chocolate bar and three fudge cookies I devoured last night in one sitting must have done the trick)

Rubyellen said...

Thank God you are all okay!!! What a terrible ordeal and I hope you all mend soon. Just take it easy...

leah said...

scary stuff. i cam imagine it taking some time to recover mentally from such an incident. i am, of course, so glad to hear that you and the boys are okay.

Cary Walker said...

oh my goodness! how scary for all of you. i'm so glad everything turned out ok. feel better.

monda-loves said...

OMG, that sounds awful. Thanks goodness you were all OK. I've been in a couple of car accidents where people have driven into me and it's just a shock, and so unexpected - you just have no time to think, and the noise is so immense, and like nothing you have heard before.

My advice is to have some physiotherapy - even if you think you don't need it (you probably do).

Monda
x

michelle said...

That sounds so frightening! Especially with the little guys on board! So glad you are all okay! Rest well, we miss you!